mvijfmsv

MAB makes Manchester shortlist

first_imgWould you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week.last_img

IATA reduces air traffic outlook as crisis drags on

first_imgAirlines are pressing governments to abandon quarantines and other travel curbs blamed for worsening the slump, and instead roll-out rapid COVID-19 testing at airports.Load factors that measure the proportion of aircraft seats filled fell 27.2 points to a record low of 58.5 percent in August.“The industry is restarting but it looks as though it’s still burning through cash,” Pearce said. Losses will continue to mount throughout 2020, with bookings data pointing to a weak fourth quarter.August’s short-lived improvement was driven by domestic routes, down more most 50 percent year-on-year, while international traffic was 88 percent lower.A rebound in Russia’s domestic market, up 3 percent on last year, contrasts with Australian flights still down 88 percent and Chinese internal traffic still 19 percent lower year-on-year, IATA said.Cargo demand was down 12.6 percent in August, an improvement on July’s 14.4 percent decline, it also said. The grounding of passenger jets has reduced capacity, supporting prices.Topics : Global airlines reduced their 2020 traffic forecast on Tuesday, after a small summer rebound evaporated amid renewed coronavirus outbreaks and travel restrictions.Full-year passenger traffic is set to decline 66 percent, the International Air Transport Association (IATA) said, compared with a previously forecast 63 percent decline.“The improvement that we saw in the summer months has more or less stopped,” IATA Chief Economist Brian Pearce said. August traffic was down 75.3 percent in terms that reflect passenger numbers as well as distance flown, compared with a 79.5 percent drop in July.last_img read more

Catch the cool breezes and

first_imgThe home at 33 Reeve St, Clayfield.THIS Clayfield home was built to be a spacious retreat suited to modern family living.Owner Scott Kitching had the property at 33 Reeve St constructed in 2004.“When I built the home I was divorced with kids so I made the main bedroom like a hotel suite that I could live in Monday to Friday,” he said.“When the children came over on the weekends we could use the whole house.”Mr Kitching said he chose the block for its proximity to schools and amenities. The home at 33 Reeve St, Clayfield.“There are also two entertaining decks — one close to the house for winter and a second for summer.”Set across two levels, the home has an open plan living, dining and kitchen area opening to the deck.The kitchen has stone benchtops, Miele appliances and plenty of storage space.There is also a separate living room, a media room, a study and a second alfresco area, all on the ground floor.Upstairs, the master bedroom includes a walk-through robe, parent’s retreat and ensuite. The home at 33 Reeve St, Clayfield.“I tried to put as much house on the land as possible and I wanted it to be secure as well,” he said.“It had to have European appliances, large rooms and a large office.”Mr Kitching said the home was also designed for entertaining.More from newsFor under $10m you can buy a luxurious home with a two-lane bowling alley5 Apr 2017Military and railway history come together on bush block24 Apr 2019“The kitchen is a central point and the house can be opened up through several sets of bi-fold doors so a breeze can go through from north and south,” he said.center_img The home at 33 Reeve St, Clayfield.The remaining three bedrooms have built-in robes and there is a private balcony off the second bedroom.There is also a family bathroom.Mr Kitching said the home was wired to be a smart home and just needed to be connected.The property is close to shops, parks, schools and public transport.last_img read more

UK roundup: L&G enters longevity swap market for small schemes

first_imgLongevity insurance has typically been available chiefly to larger schemes. In the past 12 months, Mercer , British Airways and National Grid have sealed multi-billion-pound longevity derisking transactions, while insurance companies PIC , Aviva and Scottish Widows have also offloaded longevity risk attached to their bulk annuity books.This year has been widely predicted to be a record-breaking year for pension risk transfers, including buy-ins, buyouts and longevity swaps.LGPS pool signs PRI codeThe £15.1bn Local Pensions Partnership (LPP) has signed up to the UN’s Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI).LPP – which manages the assets of three Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) funds – said the decision reflected a “continued commitment to integrating environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) considerations” into its investment operations.The company has put in place shareholder voting and responsible investment policies detailing its principles and guidelines for governance and stewardship of assets.Susan Martin, LPP chief executive, said: “Since our inception we have worked closely with our partner funds to help them achieve their ESG investment objectives and this is the natural next step for us.“As we continue to seek the best possible long-term outcomes for our clients and their pensions, we see ESG as an integral part of the investment decision-making process and will continue to develop our focus on the best governance and stewardship practice.”LGPS Central agrees to cost transparency guidelinesLGPS Central, the asset pool for nine UK local authority funds running £44.3bn, has become the latest pooling body to sign up to LGPS’s cost transparency code.It follows fellow asset pools LPP, Brunel Pension Partnership and Border to Coast Pensions Partnership in pledging to comply with the code. Source: Paul Cosmin LGPS Central’s office is in Wolverhampton, EnglandThe cost guidelines were set up by the LGPS’s advisory board and will be updated when new templates are published by the Institutional Disclosure Working Group, an industry body that is drawing up disclosure templates for a range of asset classes.The advisory board’s standard has been adopted across the LGPS for more than a year, and most schemes only hire new managers that are signed up to code.According to the board’s website, 78 asset managers and other service providers have signed up to the code.Andrew Warwick-Thompson, CEO of LGPS Central, said the code “reflects our objective to demonstrate that we are open and transparent in everything that we do, particularly when it concerns investment management costs and fees”.He added that one of the pool’s core objectives was to “demonstrate cost savings on our investment management activities”.“By signing up to the code we know that our partner funds will have full transparency relating to our costs and fees based upon a methodology that we expect to see become industry best practice,” Warwick-Thompson said. “That can only be a positive for everybody involved.”LGPS Central has launched three equity funds since opening for business in April, with £13bn under management. It plans to open at least two more funds later this year. UK insurance giant Legal & General (L&G) has entered the longevity swap market for small pension schemes with a £300m (€334m) transaction.The deal – with an unnamed “mid-tier” UK pension scheme – made use of a “streamlined” derisking structure, L&G said in a press release. The swap was fully reinsured with SCOR, and means the scheme is protected against the risk of its members living longer than expected.Chris DeMarco, managing director for UK pension risk transfer at L&G Retirement Institutional, said: “Smaller pension schemes often feel that the only insurance options they have are traditional buy-in or buyout structures.“This transaction demonstrates that longevity insurance is a realistic option for most pension schemes, including for trustees whose schemes are not quite at the point they can enter into buy-in or buyout but want to manage their longevity risk.”last_img read more

UK: Buzzard field still offline after second shutdown this month

first_imgThe CNOOC Petroleum Europe Limited-operated Buzzard field, located in the UK North Sea, remains shut in a week after its second shutdown this month. Buzzard field; Source: CNOOC PetroleumThe Buzzard field was initially shut down in early October for repairs of a defect on topsides pipework.Following repairs, the field restarted production, but it had to be shut down again on October 16 after an inspection found that the integrity of the repair had been compromised.At the time, the operator said that normal operations were expected to resume once the repair was complete.When asked about the status of the field and the repairs, a spokesperson for CNOOC Petroleum Europe Limited told Offshore Energy Today on Wednesday: “The topsides pipework defect is currently being repaired. Normal operations are expected to resume once the repair is complete.”The Buzzard field is located about 96 kilometers northeast of Aberdeen, in approximately 96 meters of water.In 2017, CNOOC announced the Buzzard Phase II project. The project was sanctioned in August 2018. It involves the construction of a subsea development approximately five kilometers north-east of the Buzzard platform. This will comprise a 12-slot production and water injection subsea manifold that will be tied back to the existing Buzzard complex. The first oil is expected in 2021.CNOOC Petroleum Europe Limited is the operating partner of Buzzard (43.21%), with Suncor Energy (29.89%), Chrysaor (21.73%), Dyas Exploration UK Limited (4.70%), and Oranje-Nassau Energie Resources Limited (0.46%) also holding interests in the field and its facilities.Offshore Energy Today StaffSpotted a typo? Have something more to add to the story? Maybe a nice photo? Contact our editorial team via email. Also, if you’re interested in showcasing your company, product, or technology on Offshore Energy Today, please contact us via our advertising form where you can also see our media kit.last_img read more

Two persons yield ‘shabu’ at checkpoint

first_imgThe suspects were detained in the lockupcell of the Calatrava municipal police station. Police identified them as 29-year-old EdilbertoCarbajosa and 43-year-old Francisco Albarico – all residents of Barangay Lo-ok,Calatrava. Carbajosa and Albarico were onboard amotorcycle when police flagged them in the morning of Feb. 21. BACOLOD City – Three sachets ofsuspected shabu valued at around P5,000 were seized from two men at acheckpoint in Barangay Patun-an, Calatrava, Negros Occidental. Charges for violation of Republic Act9165, or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002 will be filed againstthem./PNlast_img read more

Inter-island travel pass no longer required

first_imgBY DOMINIQUE GABRIEL BAÑAGA “We need to get the permission of Cebu,” Lacson said. Although travel in Western Visayas is already set to resume, the governor still expressed doubts about opening passenger services between Negros Occidental and Cebu, pointing out the latest coronavirus-positive patient for the province was a locally stranded individual from Cebu. BACOLOD City – Officials in Western Visayas have agreed to reopen their borders for inter-island travel, Gov. Eugenio Jose Lacson of Negros Occidental announced yesterday. However, Lacson said, the province will still continue to implement the earlier proposed health protocols. He said those arriving would still undergo tests for coronavirus disease 2019 and will be required to undergo mandatory home quarantine. Lacson said he had a talk with Mayor Renato Gustilo of San Carlos City and the mayor is willing to allow stranded individuals to pass through the city. In a press conference, Lacson said the reopening will start on June 16. Those from Iloilo going to Bacolod and vice versa will no longer be required to secure a travel pass. center_img He also confirmed that at least one family is presently stranded in Toledo, and they are currently awaiting permission to board a ferry vessel in order to cross to San Carlos City. Earlier, the Philippine Coast Guard in Negros Occidental announced that passenger ferry trips between Iloilo and Bacolod will resume on June 15. Ferry operators still need to apply for a special permit before the Maritime Industry Authority prior to resuming passenger operations. PCG-Negros Occidental chief, Lieutenant Commander Jansen Benjamin said the development came after the city government of Bacolod, ferry operators and concerned agencies agreed to push the reoperation of passenger ships with several conditions in place. He added ferry operators will still follow the minimum health protocols set by Marina such as boarding only 50 percent of the vessel’s total seating capacity, requiring passengers to wear face mask at all times, and disinfection of passenger accommodation areas after every trips./PNlast_img read more

Do You Remember?

first_imgIn the Indiana Basketball Hall of Fame publication, an article by Gerald Freyer caught my eye.  Sunman High School won 2 sectionals in the history of the school.  The first one came in the late 1930’s and the second one came in the 1960’s just before the school merged with North Dearborn.The interesting point is that 2 members of the same family led their teams to these victories.  Don Freyer, the dad, was the leading scorer in the 1930’s sectional win.  He also led his team in scoring that year.  Almost 30 years later, son Gene Freyer led his team to the title as well.  What a difference in the game styles.  Don barely scored in double figures while Gene’s team averaged over 90 points in their 3 sectional wins.Both Freyers are now members of the Ripley County Basketball Hall of Fame.  In fact, Gene is a new member of the Board of Directors for the Hall.last_img read more

Video: Ronaldo unveils seven-exercise fitness routine at home

first_imgRead Also: La Liga chief hints at restart on June 12Both Adrien Rabiot and Higuain are still in their respective homelands and the French midfielder has been continuing his individual training in direct contact with the Old Lady.But they are denying their return to Italy and the reports in Italy claim the initial refusal to travel has not received a warm welcome by the executives at Allianz Stadium. The motivation you’ve been waiting for has arrived in the form of Cristiano Ronaldo as he has shared his seven-exercise fitness routine to do at home.Advertisement Loading… In collaboration with Crunch Fitness, the Juventus superstar shared his work-out on social media.Still in lockdown due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Ronaldo showed how to join him in following his routine step-by-step.Meanwhile, Juventus have allegedly granted Gonzalo Higuain an extra five days of leave for personal reasons, but the decision could instigate a potential transfer.According to Tuttosport, Juventus have given Pipita a prolonged deadline to return from Argentina due to the illness of his mother but could also be the former Napoli forward’s first steps towards a future elsewhere.center_img Promoted ContentThese Are The Best Stargazing Locations You Can Find On EarthWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?7 Universities Where Getting An Education Costs A Hefty PennyCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable Way10 Gorgeous Bollywood Divas Who Earn A LotA Soviet Shot Put Thrower’s Record Hasn’t Been Beaten To This Day2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This YearThe 10 Best Secondary Education Systems In The World7 Of The Wealthiest Universities In The WorldWho Earns More Than Ronaldo?12 Marvel Superheroes Before The FameWill You Recognize Celebs In Their Kid Photos? FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 last_img read more

Champion of inaugural IMCA Lone Star Stock Car Tour earns $5K

first_imgABILENE, Texas – They do everything big in Texas and the Lone Star IMCA Sunoco Stock Car Tour will be big.Very big.The champion of the inaugural tour, sponsored by Sniper Speed, takes home a $5,000 share of the nearly $15,000 in point fund money to be paid out following the Feb. 16-24 tour. The runner-up earns $2,500, with $2,000 paid for third, $1,500 for fourth, $1,000 for fifth, $500 for sixth, $400 for seventh, $300 for eighth, $250 for ninth and $150 for 10th. In addition, drivers finishing 11th on back with perfect attendance will be eligible for a $1,000 cash drawing.Eight $750 to win events are on the tour schedule, starting with Friday and Saturday, Feb. 16 and 17 features during Abilene Speedway’s traditional season-opening Ice Breaker special.The tour is at 281 Speedway in Stephenville on Sunday and Monday, Feb. 18 and 19 and Boyd Raceway hosts Tuesday and Wednesday, Feb. 20 and 21 shows.Wrapping up the tour is the Friday and Saturday, Feb. 23 and 24 twinbill during the Spring Kickoff at Kennedale Speedway Park.IMCA Speedway Motors Weekly Racing National, EQ Cylinder Heads Southern Region and IMCA Texas State points will be given each night. Track points will also be awarded at Abilene and Kennedale.Pit gates for opening night at Abilene open at 4 p.m. and racing starts at 7:30 p.m. Gates open at 3 p.m. and racing is at 7 p.m. on night two. The grandstand opens at 5 p.m. both days.Admission is $12 for adults and $5 for kids ages 6-12. Pit passes are $30. More information will be available by calling 325 725-3849 or 325 692-8800.Pit gates open at 3 p.m. and the grandstand opens at 5 p.m. both days at 281. Hot laps are at 4:30 p.m. and racing at 5 p.m. Sunday; hot laps are at 6:30 p.m. and racing starts at 7 p.m. Monday.Spectator admission is $15 for adults and $10 for seniors ages 60 and over, military, first responders and students ages 16 and up, and $5 for kids ages 6-15. Pit passes are $35. The number to call for more information is 512 636-0528.Boyd opens the pits and the grandstand at 4 p.m. for its two shows. Hot laps are at 6:15 p.m. and racing is at 7 p.m.Adult grandstand admission is $10 and kids ages 6-11 get in for $8. Pit passes are $30 and the number to call for more information I 817 304-2044.Kennedale opens the pits at 3 p.m. and the stands at 5 p.m. both days. Hot laps are at 6 p.m. and racing starts at 7 p.m.Admission to the grandstand is $16 for adults, $10 for seniors and military, and $5 for kids six to 11. Pit passes are $35. More information is available by calling 214 502-7406 or 817 478-7223.Practice nights are from 6-10 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 15 at Abilene and from 7-9:30 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 22 at KSP.The tour champion also becomes eligible to qualify for the Sunoco Race Fuels Race of Champions during the IMCA Speedway Motors Super Nationals fueled by Casey’s in September.Entry fee will be $35 each night. Children ages five and under get into the grandstand free at each venue.All Lone Star IMCA Sunoco Stock Car Tour events will be broadcast by IMCA.TV.last_img read more