Durron

Alexis Sanchez in training ground clash with Manchester United teammate Mason Greenwood: Report

first_imgManchester United forward was involved in a heated exchange with teenager Mason Greenwood during a training session on his return from hamstring injury.Alexis Sanchez was at the receiving end of a rough tackle by Mason Greenwood, Manchester United’s academy graduate. The Chilean forward wasn’t happy with the tackle and angry words were exchanged between the pair, according to The Sun.Sanchez was signed by Manchester United from Arsenal ahead of in January 2018 in a swap deal as Henrikh Mkhitaryan moved in the opposite direction. The Chilean star has struggled to live up to expectations as he made only 9 appearances for the Red Devils in the last league season.Sanchez’s woes compounded when he suffered a hamstring injury during Chile’s Copa America campaign. However, Sanchez was back in the training ground and is expected to be available for selection soon.Despite concerns surrounding his future at Old Trafford, manager Ole Gunnar Solkskjaer maintained that he expects Alexis Sanchez to stay and contribute to the team’s campaign in the ongoing season.”Alexis has come in and trained well. He’s four or five weeks behind the boys and has not played apart from the one behind closed doors here, so I think he’ll see this as an opportunity as well to make his mark,” Solskjaer said ahead of Manchester United’s Premier League opener.”I do expect him to stay, there’s a striker there we think is going to be able to score some goals.”Manchester United, who offloaded Romelu Lukaku on the deadline day, opened their Premier League campaign with a resounding 4-0 win over Chelsea on Sunday. While the likes of Marcus Rashford, Anthony Martial and new signing Daniel James got onto the scoresheet, 17-year-old Greenwood came off the bench during their big win.advertisementAlso Read | Argentina World Cup winner Jose Luis Brown dies at 62Also see:last_img read more

Army still holds 5000 acres of private land

At least 5,000 acres of private lands, which were taken over by the security forces since 1990, are still with the forces, according to a study, The Hindu newspaper reported.These lands are part of the high security zones. Officials have declined to provide an exact figure of the extent of land that remains with the forces. On the time frame for the release of the remaining lands,  D.M. Swaminathan, Sri Lankan Minister for Resettlement, Reconstruction and Hindu Religious Affairs, said a meeting with President Maithripala Sirisena and the Army officials would take place in a few weeks in which a decision would be taken. He emphasised that the President, Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe and former President Chandrika Bandaranaike Kumaratunga [who is heading Presidential Task Force on Reconciliation] were all keen on returning lands to legitimate owners. On March 23 and April 10 this year, 1,013 acres in the Northern Province were released and they covered parts of Palai Veemankamam and Varththalaivilan. When criticism arose in sections of the media, especially in social media, about the land release, Mr. Sirisena, in his address to the nation last month in connection with the completion of 100 days in office, strongly defended the decision.On May 7, the President issued an order, revoking allocation of 818 acres in Sampur of the Eastern Province to the Board of Investment of Sri Lanka for industrial projects. The cancellation was done so that Tamils, displaced due to the Eelam War, could be resettled in the lands. read more